I have mold in my apartment, what can I do?
Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing or skin irritation.

Our environmental health specialists do not perform inspections or on-site visits for mold, nor do they handle landlord-tenant disputes.

You can test mold yourself through the Wisconsin Occupational Health Lab by calling 1-800-446-0403. Keep in mind that no matter what kind of mold you have, it still needs to be eliminated from your home, and the excess moisture conditions that caused it need to be eliminated as well.

For more information on mold visit United State Environmental Protection Agency.
More information on USDA Single Family Housing Repair Loans and Grants.

My landlord did not fix the problem in my apartment. The neighbor is smoking and the smoke is coming in my apartment. What can I do?

The first step is to try to resolve the problem with your landlord or neighbor. Our environmental health specialists do not handle landlord-tenant disputes. If there is a building code violation, you may contact your local building inspector for information on the code violation. You may choose to seek legal council if you are not able to resolve the issue on your own. For information on landlord/tenant disputes and rights, visit Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.

How do I get rid of bed bugs in my house or apartment?
You should contact a professional pest management company to have them evaluate and treat your home. If you live in an apartment building, you should contact your landlord and work together to eliminate the bed bugs. For more information on bed bugs, visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

I found a dead bird in my yard. Should I have it tested for West Nile Virus?
To report a sick or dead bird call the West Nile Virus Hotline at 1-800-433-1610. If the Hotline staff determine that the bird should be tested, please call the Washington Ozaukee Public Health Department at 262-335-4462 to arrange a time to drop off the bird. For more information on West Nile Virus, visit the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.