Hotels, Motels, Tourist Rooming Houses & Bed and Breaskfast

Hotels: provide sleeping accommodations for pay to transients in 5 or more rooms.
Motels: hotels that provides on−premise parking for motor vehicles of guests and that requests to be identified as a “motel” rather than a “hotel”.
Tourist Rooming Houses: all lodging places and tourist cabins and cottages, other than hotels and motels, in which sleeping accommodations are offered for pay to tourists or transients.
Bed and Breakfast Establishment: any place of lodging that provides 8 or fewer rooms for rent to no more than a total of 20 tourists or other transients for more than 10 nights in a 12−month period, is the owner’s personal residence, is occupied by the owner at the time of rental, and in which the only meal served to guests is breakfast.

Carbon Monoxide Detector Requirements
Carbon monoxide detectors are required in all of the following places:
1. In the basement if the basement has a fuel−burning appliance.
2. Within 15 feet of each sleeping area of a unit that has a fuel−burning appliance.
3. Within 15 feet of each sleeping area of a unit that is immediately adjacent to a unit, located on the same floor level, that has a fuel−burning appliance.
4. In each room that has a fuel−burning appliance and that is not used as a sleeping area, not more than 75 feet from the fuel−burning appliance.
5. In each hallway leading from a unit that has a fuel−burning appliance, within 75 feet from the unit, measured from the door of the unit along the hallway leading from the unit, except that, if there is no electrical outlet within this distance, the operator shall place the carbon monoxide detector at the closest available electrical outlet in the hallway.
Note: A single family unit such as a cottage with a fuel-burning appliance requires only one carbon monoxide detector in the unit.

Hotels, Motels, and Tourist Rooming Houses Code (ATCP 72) 
Bed & Breakfast Establishments Code (ATCP 73)