The Wisconsin Well Woman Program helps women get free breast and cervical cancer, such as mammograms, Pap tests, and other follow-up tests. 2016-2017 INCOME GUIDELINES
* Net taxable income for farm families and self-employed persons
| 1|| Up to $30,150|
| 2|| Up to $40,600|
Up to $51,050
Up to $61,500
You may qualify if:
- You are a woman, aged 45-64; or aged 35-44 with breast symptoms or concerns.
- You do not have health insurance, or your insurance policy has a high deductible for screenings or tests.
- Your income is within the above guidelines.
What steps can I take to help maintain breast health?
- Talk to a doctor about what exams are right for you.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise regularly.
- Limit alcohol.
- Avoid smoking.
- Know what is normal for your breasts.
- Report changes to a doctor.
Some important reasons to get a mammogram:
- The greatest risks for breast cancer are being a woman and getting older. Most breast cancers occur in women aged 50 or older.
- Finding breast cancer early can help save y our life.
- Most women that are diagnosed have no history of breast cancer in their families.
- Getting a mammogram is easier than you think.
"Good Food, Good Medicine" By Amberlea Childs
For more information:
Washington Ozaukee Public Health Department: 262-335-4462
Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Wisconsin Well Woman Program