Need a COVID test?
You should be tested if:
- You have symptoms of COVID-19
- You are a close contact of a lab-confirmed positive case
Check your symptoms here.
Contact your doctor to ask if your primary health care clinic provides testing. If testing is not available, you can find a free community testing site near you or you can also request a free at home collection kit.
Wisconsin DHS Testing Information
The State of Wisconsin and Vault Medical Services have teamed up to offer a new COVID-19 testing option for everyone who lives in Wisconsin, with or without symptoms, at no cost. This new service allows people to collect their own saliva samples for testing in their home.
- Step 1: Request an at-home collection kit HERE
- A collection kit will be delivered directly to your home; PO boxes are not eligible to have kits delivered.
- Step 2: Collect your sample
- Once you receive your collection kit, you must collect the sample in the presence of a licensed health care professional over a virtual Zoom call (Download Zoom). Once you have downloaded Zoom and are ready to produce a saliva sample, you may join a virtual waiting room.
- Step 3: Send in your sample
- After you have collected your saliva sample, you will need to drop off your collection kit at a UPS drop-off location on the same day as the collection.